Thursday, June 3, 2010

Altered Book.











Hi there,

I've just finished an altered book, it was made from a really old copy of "the Swiss family Robinson".

The book came from the second hand shop and was published in 1972, but sadly had lost alot of its pages, so I hope it didn't mind being made into a journal!!

I used all sorts of materials, watercolour pastels, chalk pastels, acrylic paint, tissue paper.... the list goes on.

It is actually a present so I can't show you all of the cover as her name is on it - I'll post that one when she has received it.

So, here a the pictures!








3 comments:

  1. Oooohhh gorgeous. Love the colours you have used. Looking forward to you teaching a class on this soon! C x

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow - i want to feel this! i am sure the Swiss Family Robinson would approve of this use of their story - making good use of the things at hand and all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How delicious is that?! I too, would love to learn how to do this- I even have a couple of books on hand to use for this very thing! Thanks for sharing- and I can't wait to see the rest of it!

    ReplyDelete