Monday, January 2, 2012

Whats your word?

Well, its here, 2012 - we celebrated at home which was cosy, comfortable and lovely. I always feel a bit sad about leaving the last year behind, I have no idea why, I'm an optimistic person, I look forward to the things to come, but I always get a little nostalgic.

2011, was an eventful year in our house, Tim retired, Molly went to Africa, my job came to an end and I took the chance on being "an Artist" (keep saying it and eventually I'll believe it!) & my Dad was diagnosed with lung cancer.
-BUT-
Tim is busier than ever, Molly came home safe, and longing to go back, I have sold many "Polly" items at all the craft fairs I attended and made great new friends in the process. My Dad has finished his treatment and later this month we find out what the latest news is (HE WILL BE JUST FINE!!!!)

Every year Melody Ross (an amazingly inspiring women) chooses a word for the year, this year hers is "Sacred"......... I am having trouble deciding what mine should be, it needs to mean, energetic - as in pouring every ounce of energy into everything I do. Thankful - to be thankful for everything I have and that comes along, even the bad stuff that will challenge me to find a way out. Successful - the dream would be to have a licensing contract , to get there many little steps are in place, which leads to me to  my next word - Belief, yes I can do this, it will happen!!!!!!

So, if I can find a single word that means all of the above then that is my word for 2012!!!!

By the way, today is Ebonys 21st birthday, little did I know 21 years ago what an adventure it would be! Thank you Ebony x x x x xx x

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Felicia!!! I'm so glad to hear that your Dad is finished treatment and I trust he will start feeling better soon, if he isn't already.

    I am with you, staying optimistic is not only the best, but the only way to charge ahead in this crazy life!

    At the encouragement of my color & design teacher, I have chosen a word this year too: PRACTICE

    I think it's great that you are spreading the idea around- resolutions put too much pressure on us... choosing a word is wonderful! If I think of a possible word that will work with your awesome aspirations, I will pass it along!

    Can't wait to see your work this year, it's always a highlight of my day when you post! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the concept of choosing a word. You will do fantastic what ever word you settle on anyway! I hope your dad is feeling better, my thoughts are with you on getting his results - which will be fine!!

    ReplyDelete