Thursday, January 21, 2016

Home made.....



If you had a left over piece of timber that measured 20" x 9" x 1" you'd obviously have to make it into a house wouldn't you?

That's what I thought too.

This is a work in progress, but this is what it looks like so far......

I drew a pointed roof and then cut off the angles. I saved the cut offs, they're useful for later on in the project.



The edges were sanded and then I painted the sides and edges with white acrylic. Next came Heavy Carvable Modelling Paste - I put a thick layer on with a palette knife and then drew wavy lines into it that will be roof tiles. (It might be a stretch to see them as roof tiles at the moment.....)


For the back I sorted through all my design papers and gathered everything with text on it, and then a few pieces just because I liked them. I stuck them on with Mod Podge (thank you for the loan Jacinta!)
I don't have a firm plan for the front of this house yet - it will be a bit of this and a bit of that until i'm happy with it. I will be back with more photos as soon as there is something to show.

Since we have a shed full of off cuts, I might end up with a whole town and not just a tall, skinny, very definitely quirky but loved house.

Felicia x

1 comment:

  1. Brilliant, looking forward to seeing the village take shape :)

    ReplyDelete