Friday, February 12, 2016

Valentines Swap.

The lovely Aideen from Aideen's swaps organised a swap for Valentines day and since I hadn't joined in since Halloween I was delighted to take part.

My partner was Kay and today my gift arrived - look!



The box is full of little love themed die- cuts, as well as a tag book, card and chocolate! this photo doesn't really do the metallic colours much justice - it really is gorgeous.

I had made a shadow box that held a heart and a valentine card which I sent with a bag of chocolates, I wish I had thought to send on some extra bits and pieces. I posted my gift on Monday and on Tuesday the post man knocked on the door and handed me back my own package...... An Post had delivered it to the senders address rather than the 'To' address..... sometimes the postal service is questionable!

This is what I made;


The heart is raised from the back of the box to give more dimension. The box is made from chipboard and covered with old book pages.

 

The card is super simple but I was pleased with it (in case you don't know, i'm not the worlds best card maker)
It is so lovely to have a pretty package delivered to you,to unwrap it and see what someone has put time and effort into making for you. So thank you Kay and thanks Aideen for organising the swaps, I look forward to the next one!

F xx

No comments:

Post a Comment